Greetings and Salutations,
This is my blog. Now mingling with the multitudes of blogs on the internet, this particular blog doesn't seem terribly profound. However, besides this being my first blog, it does have a special level of importance (especially to me) that the other blogs may not have. Essentially, this blog could very well contribute to my grade at the end of the semester. So, with that kind of motivation at hand, my goals and intentions for this blog are simple but will never be dull.
In this blog I plan to chronicle my exploits in my senior studio; my victories, my failures, observations, dreams, conversations. Anything and everything pertinent to anything and everything in studio that I can recall will, if I keep rigorous, be placed here on this site.
I suppose I should introduce myself, which in hindsight I should have done in the beginning. However, in an effort not to cut myself off creatively and just "write at the speed of thought," I'm just going to stick with it. I'm Andrew Skidmore, "Andy" if you please, and I'm a senior at the College of Architecture and Urban Planning at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. I'm from Olivet MI, a small farming community approximately an hour west of Ann Arbor, where, of late, in the summer, I live, work and play. I am in the Michigan Marching Band, Alpha Rho Chi professional fraternity, and enjoy talking about things that don't necessarily have answers. Answers are boring - they don't add to conversations. Ideas are what interest me. Ideas and questions.
So yes, today in studio, we got to meet Karl, our instructor for this semester. We circled up and discussed the project, the direction we would attempt to take, and even got our first assignment that is due on Monday. We are to take images from Google Earth and mesh them with "natural", "organic" images of the microscopic/nanoscopic variety to see if any interesting connections or effects are made. It feels strangely like the first project from my last semester - looking for connections. Perhaps I am more alert to the possibility this time around. Our assignment is to create 5 such scenarios with our partner(s). My partner is my good friend Emily Gruman, and we have much work to do in the next couple days!
I'm hesitant to begin "working" without Emily, but I will keep my eyes open for anything I see that excites me, and I will continually relay them to Emily.
Cheers,
Andy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment